Sometimes, DevExpress doesn’t seem to pick up your model changes. This happens fairly frequently when building a new module. The build process you should follow is:
- Clean Solution: Right-click your solution, and pick
- Update Models: Right-click your solution and pick
Update Model on All Projects
- Build Solution: Press F6 to build the solution.
- Deploy: Deploy your module’s .DLLs to the
\binfolder of the application.
If you’re following this process, there’s no chance of your changes not being picked up; there must be something else at play. If you suspect (or know, from peeking at the schema) that the schema is not being updated, you have two options:
- Force an Update: Do this by querying the
ModuleInfotable and updating the
Versioncolumn for your module to something really small (like
- Obliterate the Database: Delete the entire database.
In either case, run the DB updater from your
Everything should be updated. Verify in SQL Management Studio.